Water Damage Restoration
Although water is one of the most prevalent natural elements on earth, it is amazing the damage it can do to property. At first the damage might not seem that bad, but the longer water sits, the more damage it does ultimately creating mold.
Call our trained Chantilly water damage professionals to remove the water, repair the property and mitigate your loss. A prompt response could help to salvage furniture, personal items and prevent further damage.
ServiceMaster of Arlington, VA, Bethesda, Chantilly, Reston & Manassas, Inc. will work with your insurance provider to ensure work is done within their guidelines for claims.
- Call us to schedule clean-up and answer your questions.
- Turn off electricity if there is significant standing water.
- Absorb as much water as possible by mopping or blotting.
- Wipe your furniture dry.
- Place aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent carpet stains.
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors, luggage, etc. to dry.
- Move photos, paintings, books to a dry room and spread out to dry.
- Remove items that could be affected if the water were to seep further (e.g. across a room, up a wall, down a wall, etc.).
- Prop up wet items so air can circulate underneath.
- Do not go in to rooms with standing water if electricity is on.
- Do not use electrical appliances including floor lamps, TVs/stereos, computer, etc. while any part is on wet carpet.
- Do not use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water. It is not designed to hold water and could cause electric shock.
- Do not lift carpet off the tack strip, it could cause stretching or shrinkage
- Do not delay calling for professional help, bacteria growth can begin within hours.
Click here to learn more about: